Objective="Performance monitoring to improve services."
Details for Reform Option "Asha Soft, Rajasthan"
ASHA Soft is an online system which facilities the user to capture beneficiary wise details of services given by ASHA to the community, online payment of ASHA to their bank accounts and generate various kind of reports to monitor the progress of the programme.
It is an unique initiative by NHM, Rajasthan. The software has been developed by NIC, Rajasthan State unit and the core group constituted by the Mission Director, NHM, Rajasthan. ASHA soft has been conceptualized and developed in a very short time span because of the keen interested shown by the authority to solve this major problem, which were being faced at grass root level. This online payment process has been implemented all over the state from 26th Dec, 2014. In the first phase, ASHA Soft has been implemented at those places, where PCTS data entry facility is there. That urban PHC / CHC will be included in ASHA Soft with the implementation of NUHM. Various functionaries have been oriented for their responsibilities. Directions and circulars have been issued to State / Districts / Block / PHC officials. Training for filling up the claim form has been done in all the districts up to PHC and ASHA level. For online payment, Bank of Baroda has been selected, which provides services without any additional charges.
To ensure their timely and seamless online payment, ASHA software popularly ‘ASHA SOFT’ has been conceptualized with following objectives:-
• To monitor the performance of each and every ASHA every month.
• To identify the Gap area and need assessment for rendering better services at community level.
• Assessing the quality of services in Remote and Vulnerable areas. It would be easier to assess the services delivery of ASHA in remote areas and marginalized community.
• Timely Payment of incentives to ASHA to maintain their motivation level.
1. It would be possible to monitor the physical and financial progress under the programme.
2. Simplification of payment system. No more multi – channel payment.
3. To keep the motivation level high of each and every ASHA by timely and simplified payment process.
4. Assessment of the health services provided at community level would be easier
Not any still listed.
Who needs to be consulted
Mr. Sumesh Singh, Consultant, IT, DMHS, Govt. of Rajasthan.
Chances of Replication
Very Good (other districts, states may replicate this innovative scheme).
Three States Maharashtra, Punjab & Karnataka team have been visited in the state to see the implementation of ASHA Software and requested NIC & Medical Health & FW department of Rajasthan Government to provide the software to implement same in their states.
Seema Mishra, Dy. Director (CBHI), Regional Office for Health & Family Welfare, Kendriya Sadan, Block – B, 2nd Floor, Room No. 208, Sector – 10, Vidyadhar Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan.